2 June 2022

QHW, Day 2: Beggars

Ah, the beggar-dead. Those unmourned souls and unburied skeletons.

They are immortal. They are ever-present. They are so feeble that even a child could beat them up.

They hide in the shadows and back alleys. They swarm the gates of graveyards and temples.

They want your mourning, your sorrow, your tears.

"Please sir, I died alone and nobody cared."

"Just a tear, ma'am, please! My children never loved me."

"I beg you, milord, show mercy! I was murdered by my wife and left in a ditch. Please, help me move on."

Don't. You help one and a thousand more will swarm you. You could cry yourself dry and they would still keep coming.

Just ignore them or notify the Busters' Guild.

1 comment:

  1. A sign posted outside the City Limits and at the entrances of Graveyards, Morgues and Necrotoriums:

    "Please do not give anything to the dead without authorization from the Department of the Afterlife and Eternal Rest. Violators will be prosecuted."

    ReplyDelete