I like elemental powers. They have a strong theme, inbuilt factions and intuitive interactions. However, all too often they are boiled down to shoot fire, shoot ice, superstrength and flight/telekinesis. Not bad powers on their own, but why should every hydromancer shoot ice? That shouldn't even be the primary use of water manipulation!
I think powers should be diverse and distinct. When you have three hydromancers where one controls water, one ice and one steam, they are already more interesting thanks to their unique styles. Specialized, limited powers are more fun that all-encompassing ones, especially when those are still used only to shoot ice in the end.
Anyway, rant over, have some earth powers. The rest are hopefully coming soon.
d50 Earth Powers
All geomancers have a great sense of direction, as if their understanding of the earth energy flows granted them an intuitive knack for geography.
- Slowly levitate unworked earth-based materials within eyesight.
- Move metals with concentration. Choose one metal that you have much better control over.
- Create elemental-like constructs from an earth-based material (sand, stone, metal, clay, ...; choose one).
- Create stationary tentacle-minions that can grapple or throw rocks at your enemies.
- Animate statues with a touch.
- Call a huge magma golem. It takes a while to arrive, clawing its way up from deep within the earth.
- Grow blades of glass from anywhere on your body at will.
- Grow metallic scales when attacked. The more brutal the assault, the stronger the scales.
- Surround yourself with a small sandstorm, blinding and harming your foes. Also works with glass shards.
- Transform into sand. You may fire sandblasts and heal by absorbing sand. However, you lose control of any wet sand and may only turn back if all your sand is dry and together.
- Transform into living metal and even reshape your form at will, but you move as if in slow motion.
- Transform into night-invulnerable but immobile diamond form. Prone to suddenly form-lock you when spammed.
- Surf on sand, faster than a car can go.
- Touch two pieces of metal to fuse them.
- Call an earthquake. Normally, this shakes the room and creates small cracks or fissures. However, you may meditate for hours to bring about a city-wide earthquake.
- Stomp the ground to crack-open a deep rift. Also works when you kick a wall.
- Sense tremors of the earth within a city block. Footsteps require deep concentration to hear.
- Understanding of geomantic energies allows you to build structures imbued with preternatural hardness and beauty.
- By raising menhirs and dolmens at certain places, you can alter the flow of geomantic energies and bring great fertility to a region, or make it barren.
- Feng shui mastery allows you to make any structure into a confounding labyrinth. People will get lost even in a two-room apartment. Stops working when the structure is damaged.
- Tend to a feng shui garden. If you die, get buried there and not a single stone is amiss, you come back to life. You also don't age and need to eat or sleep in your garden.
- Raise or lower ground, creating pillars and pits. Cooldown depends on how big the change is.
- Conjure crystal spikes shooting up from the ground.
- Grow a crystal shell around yourself or anyone you touch.
- Discorporate and meld with the ground to possess a small area, moving the earth within as you wish. You may not move beyond the area without releasing your control, though.
- Fall unconscious and possess a new body formed of earth-based materials. You cannot go too far from your real body.
- Sink your arm into the ground to grow a gigantic stone arm from somewhere you can see.
- Petrification/fossilization/crystallization through touch.
- Tunnel through soil and unworked stone at a walking pace, closing the tunel behind you.
- Shape an earth-based material (sand, stone, glass, clay, ...; choose one) into weapons and armour, imbuing them with increased strength.
- Construct a rough "mecha" around yourself from boulders and rocks.
- Breathe out massive clouds of dust.
- Projectile vomit asphalt.
- Spit big globs of magma.
- Absorb soil to grow in size and power, shed it to return to human form.
- Absorb metal to fill in injuries and replace missing body parts. Your metal prosthetics work normally, yet keep their hardness. You may even slowly reshape them.
- Minor geokinesis allows you to pick up and throw boulders with ease.
- Transmute soil into morass and sand to quicksand. The change is much slower for bigger areas. You can walk on such terrains with ease.
- Transmute metals (though only about 10 cm3 per day before you start feeling faint) and knead them like clay.
- Transmute earth to sharp but fragile crystal.
- Rearrange earth on a large scale. Rough walls and structures take hours, new hills and cave systems take days.
- Your strength and durability is greatly increased as long as you have skin contact with natural earth (no worked stone or metal).
- With a touch, start an explosive growth in bones - but only dead bones, or more specifically calcium. Can be delayed.
- Induce rapid erosion with a touch, turning stone to sand and soil to dust.
- Annihilate metal with a touch.
- Explosively shatter any glass or crystal with a glance.
- Touch an object to make it either repel or attract metal for a short while.
- Raise the gravity in an area no more than 5 m across severalfold.
- You have gemstone eyes that cannot be harmed, unbreakable metal bones, or perfect porcelain teeth. Pretty minor as far as powers go.
- Your skin is cold and marble-like, your wounds crack rather than bleed. You feel no pain and mundane damage is non-lethal for you.
|Also from Naruto.|